You can simulate changes in state for mandates and payments. This enables you to test out various scenarios.
The Sandbox environment has a simulation feature that enables you to test out various scenarios:
- Mandate activate/fail: On the mandate details page of any mandate in Pending Submission status, you can click on Simulate and artificially move that mandate into Active/Failed status.
- Payment confirm/fail: On the payment details page of any payment in Pending Submission status, you can click on Simulate and artificially move that payment into Confirmed/Failed status.
- Settlement confirm: On the settlement details page of any settlement in Pending status, you can click on Simulate and artificially move that settlement into Settled status.
With these simulators, you can use the dashboard and API to test out various flows like mandate activation/failure/cancellation, subscription failure, subscription payments, payment creation/confirmation/failure, settlements etc. For example:
- Create and authorise a mandate, so that it is in Pending Submission status. Simulate mandate activation. Now you can cancel the mandate.
- Create and authorise a subscription mandate, so that the mandate is in Pending Submission status. Simulate mandate failure. Now you see that the subscription is also cancelled.
- Create a payment on an active mandate, or use a subscription payment. Simulate payment confirmation. Now you can see how it flows into a settlement.
- Cancel a pending payment.
- Simulate a payment failure.
- Create an automatic plan and invite customers to subscribe to it. In the created subscription mandate, simulate activation. Cancel the plan. Now you can see how it affects mandates.
- Simulate a settlement pay-out and how it moves all its related payments into settled status.