You can pre-fill customers details and ask them to simply authorise NACH Debit mandates.
When inviting a new customer, you are sending a request for an NACH Debit authorisation.
You can do this in one of two ways:
- Add customers (merchant-filled forms): Pre-fill the customer's details if you know them. See below.
- Invite customers (customer-filled forms): Ask the customers to fill in their own details. Click here.
If you have your customer's details, you can pre-fill them and send the customer a unique link to simply authorise the NACH Debit. There are three available options you can choose from to do this:
- Mandate - Create an independent mandate
- Subscription - Create a subscription with a mandate
- Plan - Create independent mandates, or subscriptions with mandates, for many customers
The Mandate option gives you the ability to pre-fill independent mandates for a new customer. These are not linked to any subscription or plan, so payments will not be taken automatically and you will have to manually initiate payments.
The Subscription option gives you the ability to pre-fill subscriptions with mandates for a new customer. These are not linked to any plan, but the subscription will also create a mandate and will automatically generate payments according to its schedule.
The Plan option gives you the ability to pre-fill plan mandates for a new customer on an existing plan. If the plan is of type 'On Presentment' then only a mandate will be created. If the plan is of type 'Automatic' then both a subscription and a mandate will be created.
- Click Customers in the left menu bar within your dashboard.
- Click Add customers in the top right of the page.
- Plan: The Plan option is selected by default. Fill in the customer's details and bank account details, then select a plan from the drop down list, and click Create link.
- Subscription: Click on the Subscription tab. Fill in the customer's details, bank account details and subscription details, and click Create link.
- Mandate: Click on the Mandate tab. Fill in the customer's details, bank account details and mandate details, and click Create link.
- The link is generated and the Link option is selected by default. Click Copy to copy the link to then paste in your desired location. Alternatively, select the Email option, enter your customer's email address, and add a message to be included in the email they receive. When you're ready, click Add customer to send out the authorisation request email.