Overview of dashboard features and the main LotusPay objects like customer, bank account, mandate, plan, subscription, payment and settlement.
The dashboard homepage shows you recent payments, recent settlements, current balance, number of customers and number of subscriptions.
It's worth getting familiar with the main objects in LotusPay. Links to most of these are shown in the dashboard menu, and others are reachable through related objects.
- Customer: Holds the contact details for a customer.
- Bank Account: Customer bank account holds the details for a customer's bank account. Customer owns customer bank account. Creditor bank account holds the details for a creditor's bank account. Merchant owns creditor bank account.
- Mandate: NACH Debit mandate, a customer's authorisation for direct debit on their bank account. Customer bank account owns mandate.
- Payment: NACH Debit transaction taken on a mandate and credited to LotusPay. Mandate owns payment.
- ACH Debit: NACH Debit transaction taken on a mandate and credited to merchant. Mandate owns payment.
- Subscription: Creates payments/ACH debits according to a schedule. Requires a mandate.
- Plan: A template for creating subscription mandates or independent mandates. Useful if you have multiple customers buying the same product/service that requires identical subscriptions/mandates.
- Settlement: A transfer from LotusPay to a merchant, containing the funds collected from one or more payments (less LotusPay's fees).
Each object type has a page to view a list of such objects, and a page to view the details of one individual object.
Various forms and buttons located throughout these pages enable you to create, modify and cancel objects where applicable.
The dashboard also shows an event log, your invoices which shows fees that have been deducted from your settlements, and account management features like user settings, team settings and company settings.