LotusPay offers multiple ways to create mandates. You can select the option that suits your particular needs.
To decide which method to use to create mandates, go through this simple questionnaire.
After you're done reviewing mandate creation options, be sure to review payment creation options too.
Question. Do you need to do an API integration, create a customised payment experience, import external mandates, create physical mandates, or create mandates in your own utility code?
- Answer: Yes. Recommendation: You need Pro Plan features. See the Pro Plan section below.
- Answer: No. Recommendation. You do not need Pro Plan features. You can get started with eMandates immediately upon account activation. See Standard Plan features below.
Using the Standard Plan requires no technical expertise, and you can get started immediately upon account activation.
Question. Who will enter your customer's bank account details?
- Answer: I will. Recommendation: Use the dashboard form. See Create a mandate.
- Answer: My customer will. Recommendation: Use plan public forms. See Invite new customers to a plan.
Question. For your products/services, are multiple customers paying the same price, or is every customer paying a different price?
- Answer: Multiple customers are paying the same price. Recommendation: Create a plan for each product/service and add each customer to the appropriate plan. You can pre-fill the customer's details, send a branded email invitation containing a link to the plan public form, or share the plan public form link via your own methods such as email/WhatsApp/SMS/your website.
- Answer: Every customer is paying a different price. Recommendation: Create independent mandates for each customer.
Question. If creating independent mandates, do you want to create one mandate at a time, or do you want to create mandates in bulk?
- Answer: One at a time. Recommendation: Use the dashboard mandate creation form.
- Answer: Bulk. Recommendation: Use the dashboard import option to bulk import the mandate data in a CSV file.
Question. Do you have your customer's bank account details?
- Answer: Yes. Recommendation: Integrate the LotusPay API with your application.
- Answer: No. Recommendation: Go to the next question.
Question. If you need to capture your customers' bank account details, do you want to avoid handling customers' bank account details on your server (for security reasons)?
- Answer: No. Make your own payment form and integrate the LotusPay API.
Question. Do you have existing NACH mandates that you want to import into LotusPay (to cancel the mandates or create transactions)?
- Answer: Yes. Recommendation: Use the Import External Mandate option to import bulk data from a CSV file, or use the LotusPay API to do it programmatically.
- Answer: No. Recommendation: Create new mandates in LotusPay.
Question. Do you need the mandates to be created in your utility code?
- Answer: Yes. Recommendation: Ask us to add your NACH utility code in LotusPay.
- Answer: No. Recommendation: You can get started immediately with LotusPay's NACH utility code upon account activation.
Question. All merchants can create eMandates by default. Do you want to create physical mandates in addition, or instead?
- Answer: Yes. Recomendation: Refer to the article on physical mandates.
- Answer: No. Recommendation: You can get started immediately with eMandates upon account activation.