Cancelling an active mandate prevents new payments from being created on that mandate. Cancelling a pending mandate prevents the customer from authorising it.
To cancel a mandate:
1. Find the customer in your dashboard and click on their name.
2. Click on their bank account.
3. Click on their active mandate.
4. Click the red Cancel button.
5. Confirm you wish to cancel the mandate.
You will now see that the customer's mandate status has changed from 'active' to 'cancelled' and the mandate history updates.
If a customer's mandate is showing as Pending, there will not be an option to cancel their mandate as the set-up process has not yet been completed. Instead there will be a Withdraw button for you to withdraw the authorisation request. If you wish to cancel a mandate with this status, just click on Withdraw.
If you cancel the last remaining active or pending mandate for a customer, they move into inactive status.