Physical mandates take 2-10 working days to process. eMandates take ~2 working days to process.
After the mandate is authorised by the customer, the mandate is processed via the sponsor bank (the creditor's bank) and the destination bank (the debtor's bank) via NPCI, which assigns a Unique Mandate Reference Number (UMRN).
See Mandate statuses for more information on status changes.
- After mandate is authorised and received by LotusPay, LotusPay submits the mandate to the sponsor bank on the same working day (if received before the cut-off time) or the next working day (if received after the cut-off time). Processing begins by the sponsor bank.
- The sponsor bank messages the destination bank via NPCI.
- The destination bank responds to the mandate request with acceptance or rejection. Some destination banks respond faster than others.
- Mandate response takes two to 10 working days.
- Transaction can be initiated as soon as the mandate becomes active.
- After mandate is authorised, the mandate is instantly active.
- NPCI informs the destination bank and sponsor bank.
- Transaction can be initiated on the second working day after mandate activation.