LotusPay sends email notifications to merchants regarding mandates, payments and settlements. LotusPay sends email notifications to customers too, and Pro merchants can opt out of these.
LotusPay sends email notifications to merchants when:
- A customer completes eMandate authorisation
- A customer's payment fails
- A customer's payment is cancelled
- A customer's mandate is cancelled
- A settlement is paid out
If you are not receiving email notifications, check your spam/junk folder and add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact in your email account. If you're still not receiving email notifications, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Your customers will receive an email notification in the following situations. These emails are Bcc'd to the merchant's operations email address. Pro merchants can opt out of LotusPay sending these emails to customers.
- When you invite a customer to authorise a mandate
- To confirm the setup of a mandate, or if the mandate should fail, be cancelled, or expire.
- Payment notification, the day before an ad hoc (one-off) payment is due to be charged.
- If a payment is cancelled or fails.
- When a failed payment is retried.
- When a new subscription is set up. This will contain the frequency and amount. Customers will not receive an email notification before each subscription payment is collected.
- If a subscription amount is changed or when a subscription expires or is cancelled.