You can simulate changes in state for mandates and payments. This enables you to test out various scenarios.
The Sandbox environment has a simulation feature that enables you to test out various scenarios:
- Mandate activate/fail: On the mandate details page of any mandate in Pending Submission status, you can click on Simulate and artificially move that mandate into Active/Failed status. You can do the same in the customer's redirect flow for eMandate authorisation.
- Payment confirm/fail: On the payment details page of any payment in Pending Submission status, you can click on Simulate and artificially move that payment into Confirmed/Failed status.
- Settlement confirm: On the settlement details page of any settlement in Pending status, you can click on Simulate and artificially move that settlement into Settled status.
With these simulators, you can use the dashboard and API to test out various flows like mandate activation/failure/cancellation, subscription failure, subscription payments, payment creation/confirmation/failure, settlements etc. For example:
- Create a mandate. It starts in pending status. Simulate eMandate authorisation, its status changes to submitted. Simulate physical mandate authorisation, its status changes to pending_submission.
- Simulate mandate activation. Its status changes to active.
- Simulate mandate failure. Its status changes to failed. Mandate's subscription and payments, if any, transition to cancelled.
- Create a subscription on a mandate. If mandate is in pending status, subscription will start in pending_customer_authorisation status. If mandate has already been authorised, subscription will start in active status.
- Cancel an active subscription. Subscription's status will transition to cancelled.
- Create a payment on a mandate. Payment's status starts in pending. Simulate payment confirmation. Payment's status transitions to confirmed. Observe how one or more confirmed payments create a settlement.
- Cancel a pending payment. Its status transitions to cancelled.
- Simulate a payment failure. Its status transitions to failed.
- Cancel an active mandate. Its status transitions to cancelled, and its cancel_status transitions to cancel_confirmed.
- Create an plan (automatic type) and invite customers to subscribe to it. Simulate activation of the created mandate. Cancel the plan. Its status transitions to cancelled. The linked mandates will transition to cancelled.
- Simulate a settlement's settling. Its status changes to settled, as does the status of all linked payments.