Create an ad hoc (one time) payment for a customer on their mandate.
If a customer has an eligible mandate, you can create an ad hoc payment.
1. Go to Customers, then click on the name of the customer you would like to charge.
2. Click on the Create button and then select Payment from the drop down menu.
3. Select the mandate on which you want to take the payment. Only eligible mandates will be shown. If there are no available mandates, you cannot create a payment.
4. Enter the payment details including amount, description and date selection.
5. If you select to “Take payment as soon as possible”, the payment will be charged to the customer on the date shown in brackets.
6. If you select to “Take payment on a specific date”, a box will open below showing the first available charge date. Click this box to open the calendar where you can select your preferred charge date.
7. Click Create Payment.
The payment will be created and show in pending status. If you create an ad hoc payment before 9am on a working day, it will be submitted and charged on that day, otherwise it will be on the next working day.
Eligible mandates are those that:
- Status must be acknowledged or active; and
- The mandate must not be already linked to an active subscription.