Create an automatic recurring payments schedule for a customer.
If you need to create an automatic recurring payment schedule for an individual customer with an existing mandate, you can create a subscription for them.
The mandate should:
- be in a chargeable status.
- not have any other pending or active subscription attached to it.
- not belong to any plan.
- belong to an NACH profile that has a bank account.
- (If internal) have a frequency of 'As and when presented' (also known as Ad hoc).
There are other rules and validations, which you can read about in the API reference here.
To create a subscription:
1. Go to Customers, then click on the name of the customer you would like to charge.
2. Click on the Create button and then select Subscription from the drop down menu. If there are no valid mandates, you will not see this option.
3. Select the mandate in which you want to take the payment. Only independent mandates (i.e. those not already linked to a subscription) will be shown.
4. Enter the subscription details including description, amount, recurrence and duration.
5. Click Create.