NACH Debit mandates come in three variants: physical mandate, API eMandate and eSign eMandate. Mandates can be of type CREATE, AMEND or CANCEL. Some interactions are permitted between the variants and types.
Mandates are of three variants:
- Physical mandate - a scan of a paper mandate signed with ink (UMRN's fifth character is 0).
- eSign eMandate - electronic mandate authorised via Aadhaar eSign (UMRN's fifth character is 6).
- API eMandate - electronic mandate authorised via net-banking login or debit card and PIN (UMRN's fifth character is 7).
Mandates are of three types:
- CREATE - to register a new mandate.
- AMEND - to amend an active mandate.
- CANCEL - to cancel an active mandate.