NACH Debit mandate cancellation can be requested online, but the cancellation becomes effective on the next working day.
NACH Debit mandates can be cancelled in several ways:
- By a customer, by contacting their bank.
- By a merchant, in LotusPay.
Only active mandates can be cancelled. A pending mandate can be withdrawn. A mandate which is in submitted/acknowledged status cannot be cancelled or withdrawn.
When you cancel a mandate in LotusPay, the mandate's core status remains active but its cancel status changes to reflect that cancellation has been initiated. The cancellation is submitted immediately to the banking system.
The mandate's core status will change to cancelled on the next working day.
Since mandate cancellations do not require the customer's authorisation, the customer's bank will always accept the cancellation. Therefore, the cancellation is effectively certain even though the mandate's core status may take time to reflect it.
Mandate cancel statuses are as follows:
- [null]: means not applicable. Core status remains Active.
- Cancel Requested: request has been made to cancel the active mandate. Core status remains Active.
- Cancel Submitted: cancel request has been submitted to sponsor bank. Core status remains Active.
- Cancel Confirmed: cancel request has been confirmed. Core status changes to Cancelled.
- Cancel Failed: cancel request has failed. Core status remains as Active.
- Cancel Received: LotusPay has been informed by the sponsor bank of a cancellation that was not initiated by LotusPay. Core status changes to Cancelled.