NACH Debit mandate cancellation can be requested online, but the cancellation becomes effective on the next working day.
NACH Debit mandates can be cancelled in several ways:
- By a customer, by contacting their bank.
- By a merchant, in LotusPay.
Only active mandates can be cancelled.
When you request cancellation of a mandate in LotusPay, the mandate's status remains active for the timebeing, but its cancel_status changes to reflect that cancellation has been initiated. The cancellation is immediately submitted to the banking system.
The mandate's status will change to cancelled on the next working day.
Since mandate cancellations do not require the customer's authorisation, the customer's bank will always accept the cancellation. Therefore, the cancellation is effectively certain even though the mandate's core status may take time to reflect it.
Mandate cancel_status can take the following values:
- cancel_nil: no cancellation has been requested to date. Mandate status remains active.
- cancel_requested: request has been made to cancel the active mandate. Mandate status remains active.
- cancel_submitted: cancel request has been submitted to sponsor bank. Mandate status remains active.
- cancel_confirmed: cancel request has been confirmed. Mandate status changes to cancelled.
- cancel_failed: cancel request has failed. Mandate status remains as active.
- cancel_received: LotusPay has been informed by the sponsor bank of a cancellation that was not initiated by LotusPay. Mandate status changes to cancelled.