You can create transactions in NACH Debit via batch file import. Go to ACH Debits > Import, download the template, fill in the details and upload it. If it's valid, you can process it.
Pro Merchants using direct flow can import ACH debit transactions. Other merchants would import Payments instead.
If you want to create multiple ACH debits, you can import a CSV file to do it in bulk.
- Click on ACH Debits in the side menu bar.
- Click on Import.
- Click on Download Template and open the CSV file.
- Follow the instructions below to complete the data in the CSV file.
- When you're ready, upload the CSV into the dashboard page. You can drag and drop the file in the box, or click on Browse to select the file from your computer.
- If the file is correctly formed, on the next page you will see the validation process beginning. If the file is not correctly formed, the on-screen notification will notify you what needs to be corrected.
- Refresh the page after a few seconds to check the validation status.
- If there are errors, repeat steps 4 to 6 to correct them. If there are no errors, click on Process and your ACH debits will be created.
- You can export the created ACH debits to a CSV file.
Populating data in the import file
ACH debits can be created on active mandates (status = active).
Enter one ACH debits request per row.
Import data fields:
- Amount (mandatory) - Amount in Rupees (can have two decimal places). Must be less than or equal to the mandate's maximum_amount or equal to the mandate's fixed_amount.
- Charge Date (optional) - The date (today or a future date) on which the ACH debit should be collected. If not specified, the ACH debit will be collected as soon as possible. Must be on or after the mandate’s first collection date and on or before the mandate's final collection date. Charge date will be rolled forward by LotusPay to the next working day if it is not a working day. If created before 9am on a working day and passed with no charge date or charge date today, the ACH debit will be collected on the same day, else it will be rolled forward by LotusPay. Charge date should be written as 'yyyy-mm-dd'. In Excel, enter the apostrophe prefix before the date value, save and close the file and do not reopen it.
- Mandate (conditionally required) - The identifier of the mandate against which this ACH debit should be collected. Either mandate ID or UMRN must be supplied (one or the other, not both).
- UMRN (conditionally required) - The NACH Unique Mandate Reference Number of the mandate against which this ACH debit should be collected. Either mandate ID or UMRN must be supplied (one or the other, not both).
- Product Type (optional, for ACH Debit only) - the NACH product type of the transaction. Either 10 (for first presentation) or RPN (for representation of a previously returned transaction).